FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 2, 2012
Danielle McNamara
 (510) 987-0230

Press Release

Christina Ramos, San Jose State University MESA director, was named a 2012 Silicon Valley Woman of Influence by the Silicon Valley Business Journal.

Ramos accepted the award at the honoree banquet April 26 at the Fairmont Hotel in San Jose.

The awardees are from finance, technology, health care, nonprofit and education sectors. One hundred women are chosen each year from hundreds of nominations and are picked by her impact on the landscape of Silicon Valley.

Ramos is one of the youngest awardees this year. Other women on the list include Dina McKinney, the corporate VP of design engineering at Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., Rise Jones Pichon, a Santa Clara County superior court judge and Hewlett-Packard CEO, Meg Whitman.

“I feel very humbled to be selected for this award and proud of the work I do to support students from my own community to be successful in going to college,” Ramos said.  “This honor definitely supports my personal belief in working with educationally disadvantaged students and will allow me professionally to network with a great group of women in areas to support our students in their educational and professional goals.”

Ramos, who has been the SJSU MESA pre-college director for four years, has a BA from the National Hispanic University and is working toward an MPA at SJSU.

For more information about MESA visit dev-mesaucop.pantheonsite.io