MESA Data and Results
(Academic Year 2011-12)
|Total students served by MESA
Collaborations with Educational Institutions
|University of California campuses
|California State University campuses
|California Community Colleges campuses
|Independent college and university campuses
|Middle and junior high
- Of MESA high school graduates, 53 percent went on to postsecondary education as science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) majors.
- Of the MESA seniors, 76 percent went on to college, compared to the state average of 41 percent. Of the MESA high school graduates who went to college,
- 24 percent went to the University of California
- 22 percent went to the California State University
- 21 percent went to the California Community Colleges
- 7 percent went to independent California universities or colleges
- 26 percent went to other institutions, mostly out-of-state universities or colleges
- Of those MESA community college students who transferred to four-year institutions, 97 percent entered these colleges and universities as math or science majors.
- Of the California MESA community college students who transferred to four-year institutions,
- 49 percent transferred to the University of California
- 44 percent transferred to the California State University
- 7 percent transferred to independent California universities and colleges, out-of-state universities and colleges, and others.
- California MESA is the model for similar programs in over a dozen other states.
See our map of MESA sites throughout California.